Healthy cookie dough bites that are high in protein and all around good for you. These delicious bites taste like the real deal but without all the sugar. Made from chickpeas and dipped in dark chocolate for the ultimate sweet treat.
Chickpeas are one of my favorite ingredients to not only cook with but bake with. They are so versatile, incredibly delicious and all around good for you.
When chickpeas are blended, they become this creamy and smooth texture, once combined with a little bit of nut butter and sweetener, you won’t even believe that they are made from BEANS.
Ingredients in Chickpea Cookie Dough Bites
These super simple no-bake cookie dough bites are made with real wholesome ingredients like chickpeas, almond flour, almond butter, agave, and dark chocolate. I have also made these with collagen for a little extra protein and beauty boost, however if you are vegan you can omit the collagen and make them without it!
This is one of my most beloved recipe for great reasons! They are no bake, vegan, and super simple to throw together. All you need are a few tools and you will be on your way!
Tools needed to make no bake cookie dough bites
If you know me, you know that my favorite ingredients are the ones that you can throw all the ingredients together in one blender and be done. This recipe is one of those methods. Here is what you’ll need-
A food processor or blender– This is key so that the chickpeas will be well blended to achieve that smooth and creamy texture.
Collagen– I like to add in collagen to these bites for a little extra protein and beauty boost. My favorite brand is Vital Proteins- I love their original peptides that are flavorless. However, this is completely optional- if you are vegan you can use vegan collagen or just omit all together. This doesn’t change the texture of the recipe at all.
Chickpea Cookie Dough BitesCourse: DessertsCuisine: American
1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
1/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup almond butter
1 Tbsp agave
2 scoops of unflavored collagen peptides *optional
1/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
1/3 cup melted non dairy dark chocolate chips
- Start by draining your chickpeas and rinsing them well under cold water.
- Add your drained and rinsed chickpeas to your food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add in almond flour, almond butter, agave, and collagen. Blend until smooth.
- If you batter is warm, allow it to cool for a few minutes before adding in chocolate chips. You can either fold these in or pulse in your food processor for 1-2 times until them are mixed all the way through.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter into small balls and set them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so they do not stick. Repeat this process until the batter is finished.
- Place the cookie dough balls in the freezer for about 10 minutes to harden.
- In the meantime, melt your dark chocolate. You may need to add a little bit of coconut oil to mixture for it to be smooth.
- Take your cookie dough balls from the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process.
- Place cookie dough balls in the freezer for 20 minutes for the chocolate to harden.
- Store in the fridge up to one week.