The most perfect fall treat! These mini pumpkin loaves are gluten-free as they are made with coconut flour, but they are also extremely moist from the pumpkin. These will definitely be a hit during the holidays!
One of my favorite things to do when the Holiday’s come around it to spend my time in the kitchen baking my favorite seasonal treats. These mini pumpkin loaves are one of my most loved seasonal treats. They are made with whole-some ingredients like organic pumpkin, coconut flour and dairy free yogurt. Because of these three ingredients, these loaves are soft, fluffy and moist.
Ingredients needed to make Mini Pumpkin Loaves
Coconut flour is commonly used in baking, particularly paleo, grain- and gluten-free baking. Coconut can be a little tricky to bake with, only because it is very absorptive. Meaning, a little can go a long way.
Pumpkin Puree- Pumpkin is such a great ingredient to bake with. It makes treats so moist and adds such a great flavor, especially around the holidays!
Pumpkin pie spice- You can’t have a pumpkin dish without it. Pumpkin Pie spice can be found at most grocery stores.
Dairy free yogurt- Dairy free if you are dairy sensitive. However, you can use any yogurt alternative that you’d like.
Eggs- Eggs will allow this recipe to really rise during baking time. I have not tried it without egg or with an egg substitute. However, Bob’s Red Mill has a great eggs substitute that would probably work great. But I have not tried this myself.
Vanilla extract- I like to bake with vanilla bean or vanilla paste. It adds a ton of flavor to your baking dish, however, vanilla extract will work just as great! Vanilla is a must when baking anything to really blend the flavors together.
Baking soda + powder- These will help the baked dish to rise.
How to make Mini Pumpkin loaves
Making these delicious and moist mini pumpkin loaves is really quite simple. To start, you of course are going to want to preheat your oven to 350F and preparing your mini loaf pan by coating them with non-stick spray.
While your oven is preheating you will start to make your batter. In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder. Then you will set this mixture aside.
In a larger bowl, add pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and oil and whisk until well incorporated.
You will then add the dry ingredients to the wet and with a spatula mix until blended.
Add your batter to your prepared mini loaf pan, these won’t rise a ton, so you will want to fill the loaf pan almost to the top. I like to sprinkle mine with a few pumpkin seeds. This adds a nice crunch to the pumpkin loaf but it is also totally optional. You can also top them with chocolate chips, white chocolate or any other nut that you can think of- get creative!
Once you have your toppings on your mini loaves, bake in the oven at 350F for 40 minutes.
Allow the mini loaves to cool completely before removing from the baking dish.
These loaves are sure to be loved by the whole family. I love how moist they are on the inside and a little crunchy on the outside. I love baking in the mini loaf pan because you get a perfect loaf every time!
Gluten-free Mini Pumpkin LoavesCourse: Dessert, BreakfastCuisine: American
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup dairy free yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare your mini loaf pan by coating each cavity with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your wet ingredients and coconut sugar. Pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, dairy free yogurt, eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil and whisk until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. These won’t rise a ton during baking process, so you will want to fill them up to almost the top. I like to sprinkle mine with pumpkin seeds- but this is optional.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking dish.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!