Taking banana bread to a new level with this super moist, vegan cinnamon roll banana bread. This vegan banana bread is made with whole-wheat flour, and whole-some ingredients. It’s a definite recipe that everyone in the family will enjoy!
This recipe was created during quarantine when everyone was A) making banana bread, and B) making cinnamon rolls. I wanted to make them both…. so my Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread was created.
This recipe is a healthier one, made with better for you ingredients like ripe bananas, coconut sugar, and apple sauce.
The coconut and cinnamon mixture crystalizes on top during baking making it so sweet and giving it a subtle crunchy texture that is so drool worthy. There is also a cinnamon and coconut sugar center that makes the banana bread ooey and gooey like the center of a cinnamon roll- which let’s be honest, is the best part!
Ingredients Needed to Make The Best Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
I used Bob’s Red Mill Whole-wheat flour for this recipe, however, it can easily be subbed for regular flour or even Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 flour.
Coconut sugar gives this banana bread a delicious taste and also a beautiful look. A cinnamon roll isn’t complete without a cinnamon and sugar swirl. A mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top of the banana bread gives it such a nice crunchy texture that is to die for.
Bananas– You can’t have banana bread without over ripe bananas! I swear I always buy way too many bananas every week just so I can have some over ripe ones to make baked goods with at the end of my week. You want them to be really over-ripe and almost going bad- this makes them very sweet and gives the banana bread a nice fluffy texture.
Flax eggs- Flax eggs are a great substitution to regular eggs for those that are following a vegan or plant-based diet. To make 1 flax egg- simply mix 1 Tbsp of ground flax seed meal with 3 Tbsp of warm water. Allow it to set for about 10 minutes to thicken up.
Vanilla Bean or Vanilla extract- I’ve got a heavy hand when it comes to vanilla and rarely ever put the amount that is suggested. This is because vanilla gives any baked treat a beautiful taste and aroma.
Apple sauce- Another secret to my baked goods is baking with apple sauce. Besides being a nutritious and filling snack,Â applesauceÂ is a great fat-replacer in manyÂ baked goods.Â BakingÂ withÂ applesauceÂ instead of butter or oil adds fiber and reduces calories inÂ cakes, muffins, and breads. And, because of its water content,Â applesauceÂ will also keep yourÂ baked goodsÂ moist and fresh longer.
A few other ingredients included in this recipe are almond milk, coconut oil, baking powder, and sea salt.
Tools Needed to Make Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
- Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Non-stick Spray
- Measuring Cups
- Large Bowl
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread is really such a delicious recipe and is so simple to make. It is sure to be a huge crowd pleaser amongst your friends and family.
It’s also great to make in the beginning of the week and save in the fridge for an easy and quick breakfast all week. I also like to top mine with peanut butter and fresh fruit for a complete and filling breakfast.
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
3 medium spotty bananas
2 flax eggs
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup almond milk
- Cinnamon and Sugar Mixture
1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper and lightly coating with non-stick spray.
- Prepare flax eggs by mixing 2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed meal with 6 Tbsp of warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, mash banana and flax eggs together until smooth.
- Next, add in coconut oil, apple sauce, almond milk, and vanilla bean and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combined whole-wheat flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Then add dry ingredients to wet and using a spatula, mix until well incorporated. Set batter aside.
- Making cinnamon and sugar mixture by combining both and mixing until well combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into prepared loaf pan, then sprinkle with half of the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Then pour remainder of the batter on top.
- Sprinkle remainder of cinnamon and sugar on top as the finishing layer.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!