Fresh, easy and delicious homemade veggie pasta. This veggie pasta is made with fresh and wholesome ingredients and will only take 30 minutes of your time, from start to finish.
This hearty veggie pasta is made with fresh zucchini, juicy squash, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and organic spinach.
Ingredients needed to make the best vegetable pasta
I love vegetable past because the possibilities are really endless. It is a great way to use up veggies that you might have in your fridge that are about to go bad.
I like to use Rotini pasta, but you can definitely use whichever pasta shape you prefer.
Let’s go through the ingredients really quickly-
Pasta- Any shape of pasta will work perfectly fine. Simply prepare the pasta according to package. NOTE- it’s extremely important to save some pasta water and add it to your cooked pasta. This allows the sauce and noodles to really blend together.
Vegetables- The type of veggies that you want to use is entirely up to you! For this recipe I stuck with zucchini, squash, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and spinach. The possibilities are endless here!
Spices- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. It’s very important to add a pallet of your favorite spices to your dish in order to really execute the flavors.
Fresh Garlic- Garlic is always the answer in my household. I love how it tastes and especially how it blends so well with most ingredients.
Pasta Sauce- You can use store bought like I did here, or you can make your own! The possibilities are endless!
Fresh and Easy Veggie PastaCourse: EntreesCuisine: Vegetable Pasta
1 large zucchini
2 medium squash
2 cups of sliced mushroom
1 cup cherry tomatoes
4 cups of spinach
1 -24 oz can of pasta sauce of choice
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2 tsp Italian seasoning
5 cloves of garlic, minced
- Start by cooking your pasta of choice according to package.
- Then, prep your veggies. Slice zucchini, squash and mushrooms. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 Tbsp of avocado oil and add minced garlic. sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally so the garlic does not burn.
- Then, add in zucchini, squash and mushrooms and allow to sauté for about 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix until well coated.
- Add in cherry tomatoes and spinach, allow to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- When pasta is done cooking, reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain. Do not rinse.
- Add cooked pasta back to large sauce pan, then add in cooked veggies and pour pasta sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!