Never buy store bought jam when it’s SO easy to make your own at home! Not to mention- you know exactly what is in it and there are no preservatives!
The most delicious homemade jam
Chia seed jam has an undeniable rank on my list of fridge staples! I love that it’s so easy to make and delicious to have on hand throughout the week. Whether it’s for morning toast, oatmeal, or as an additive for a smoothie- Chia Seed Jam is so versatile in the kitchen!
Ingredients used in Chia Seed Jam
To make this homemade Chia Seed Jam, you will need just a few ingredients and you will be on your way!
- Chia Seeds
- Fresh or Frozen Fruit
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Liquid Sweetener of Choice (optional)
Tools needed for this recipe
- Medium Saucepan
- Fork or Potato Masher
- Stirring Utensils
How to make Chia Seed Jam
It really can’t get easier than this! You will need a total of 10 minutes from start to finish and your chia seed jam will be ready!
First you are going to start by heating the frozen or fresh fruit in your sauce pan. I like to use a bag of frozen mixed berries. But I have also made this recipe with fresh fruit and it works just as good! My favorite fruits to mix together for this recipe are: Blueberries, Raspberries, Black Berries or Black Cherries.
After you add your fruit to the sauce pan, allow them to simmer on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes. After this, the fruit will start to heat up and the juice from the fruit will start to fill the sauce pan. When you see this happen, you will want to take your fork or potato masher and start to mash the fruit. Do this until there are little to no clump.
Once there are little to no clumps of fruit, you are going to turn the heat to low and add in your Chia seeds, Lemon juice and sweetener of choice.
The sweetener of choice is optional. I do not add it as I think the fruit is sweet enough, but it’s totally up to you! If you like a sweeter jam, I would recommend add in 1 Tbsp of sweetener. This can include: Maple Syrup, Honey, Agave or even just plain sugar. A coconut sugar or white sugar will work just fine!
Once you add the remaining ingredients to your jam, mix until they are all incorporated. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken up.
Remove from saucepan and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.
Five Minute Chia Seed JamCourse: BreakfastCuisine: Breakfast
2 cups of frozen or fresh berries
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
Optional- 1 Tbsp of sweetener of choice
- Add fresh or frozen berries to saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Allow berries to simmer for about 2-3 minutes.
- Take a fork or potato masher and start to smash the berries. Do this until there are little to no clumps.
- Turn heat to low and add in chia seeds, lemon juice and sweetener of choice if applicable.
- Mix util well combined.
- Turn off heat and allow mixture to set for 10 minutes.
- Remove from saucepan and add to an air-tight container.
- Store in fridge for up to 14 days.
- Great for spreading on toast, oatmeal or adding to smoothies!
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!