Flourless Blondies are a gluten-free dessert made with one of my favorite ingredients, chickpeas! It’s a treat that provides a gourmet taste but doesn’t require a lot of work. Why you ask? Well, all you have to do is add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor and you are good to go!
These chickpea bars are so versatile, you can add different flavors or toppings to totally make them your own!
I like to add make them simple by adding chocolate chips, but sometimes I am living a little on the wild side and I like to add Peanut Butter Cups on top. My favorite are from Lily’s Chocolate. These are a non-dairy alternative for those that are dairy sensitive.
These are the perfect sweet treat to share with friends and family. They will be wildly impressed that they are made with CHICKPEAS! No, you can’t taste them!
Ingredients in the Flourless Blondies
- Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- Honey (can sub agave, maple syrup, date syrup or any other liquid sweetener)
- Nut butter of choice (almond, peanut, pecan, etc)
- Baking Powder
- Sea salt
- Date syrup (can sub vanilla extract)
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut Butter cups (optional)
Tools needed to make this recipe
You’ll need just a few items to make this recipe.
- Blender or Food processor
- Measuring cups
- 8×8 Baking Dish
- Parchment paper
How to make these six ingredient flourless blondies
This recipe really can’t be any easier! My favorite kind of recipes are the one that you can just throw all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and be done. This is one of those recipes!
To start, you are going to need a blender or food processor. Both will work just fine.
Then, you are going to want to prepare your baking dish. I like to use an 8×8 baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
Your next step is going to be to add all the ingredients into the blender with the exception of the chocolate chips. Blend until smooth.
Then add in chocolate chips and mix until well incorporated.
Pour batter onto your prepared baking dish and using your spatula, spread the batter until it is evenly distributed.
Then, top with additional chocolate chips or peanut butter cups, OR BOTH!
Bake in the oven at 350 F for 25-30 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into the blondies.
Store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze up to 1 month!
Six Ingredient Flourless BlondiesCourse: Dessert
1 can drained and rinse chickpeas
1/3 cup honey (can sub other liquid sweetener)
1/2 cup nut butter
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp date syrup (can sub vanilla extract)
1/2 cup chocolate chip (plus more for topping)
6 peanut butter cups (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor except chocolate chips.
- Blend until smooth.
- Then add in chocolate chips and mix with a spatula until well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and peanut butter cups.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into.
- Store in an air-tight container. Enjoy up to 5 days in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer!
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!