Your traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe just got an update! If you haven’t tried adding tahini into your cookies, what are you waiting for?!
Did you know that you can sub banana for an egg in most recipes if you are vegan? The banana acts as a binding agent, so the cookies will stay together. I also am a huge fan of banana so adding them to my cookies is one of my favorite things to do!
These cookies are soft, sweet and a little bit salty.
Vegan Double Chocolate Tahini CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: Cookies
1 stick of vegan butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup chocolate tahini
1 Tbsp date syrup or vanilla extract
2 mashed bananas
1/2 cup non-dairy dark chocolate chips
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In your mixture, combine vegan butter, coconut sugar, tahini, date syrup, and mashed bananas until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips last.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with your hands and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @Lovelydelites on Instagram!