These cookies are the next best thing. They taste just like your traditional banana bread, but in cookie form! They are soft, chewy and incredibly delicious. These Banana Bread Cookies are also vegan and gluten-free and made with only four simple ingredients like banana, peanut butter, date syrup and baking powder.
Ingredients needed to make healthy banana bread cookies
The ingredient list is short and sweet, just like these cookies. You will only need a few simple ingredients, all of which i’m sure you already have in your pantry!
Bananas– I used two bananas for this recipe. It is best to use bananas that are over-ripe.
Peanut butter– All natural running peanut butter is my favorite, however, you can use any nut butter for this recipe.
Date syrup– I LOVE to bake with date syrup since it is a natural sweetener. However, you can sub honey, agave, maple syrup, vanilla extract etc.
Baking powder- These will help the cookies rise during baking time
Chocolate Chips- optional, but also not really… if you know what I mean. I used white chocolate for this recipe.
How to make healthy banana bread cookies
Making these banana bread cookies couldn’t be any more simpler! Just a few easy steps and your cookies will be in the oven!
To start you will want to preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
In a large bowl, mash your bananas really well. Add in peanut butter and date syrup and with a fork mix until well combined.
Then, add in baking powder and mix once more.
Add in your chocolate chips last and mix until the chips are well incorporated. Using a fork, press down slightly on cookies and then sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter onto your prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool completely before moving to a cooling rack. These cookies are SOFT, since they don’t have any flour, so they are best stored in the fridge.
Banana Bread CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: American
2 over-ripe bananas, mashed.
1 cup natural peanut butter.
2 Tbsp date syrup. See above for substitutions.
1 tsp baking powder.
1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mash your bananas really well. Add in peanut butter and date syrup mix until well combined.
- Add in baking powder and mix once more.
- Add in your chocolate chips last and mix until the chips are well incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter onto your prepared baking dish flatten lightly with a fork.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!