This vegan and gluten-free banana bread is moist, sweet and delicious. It is made with simple, whole-some ingredients like almond flour, banana, peanut butter, and vanilla. It’s the perfect banana bread to prep early in the week and have on hand for a quick breakfast.
A Healthy Banana Bread recipe that everyone will love
I don’t think I am alone when I say that I made a TON of banana bread during quarantine. I experimented with so many different flavors, however, a traditional banana bread always hits the spot. Banana bread is really so simple to make and it’s such a crowd pleaser! Banana Bread is always available in my household. I purposely over purchase bananas at the beginning of the week, just so I can make them into my favorite baked treat later on.
This banana bread recipe is one of those recipes where you can just throw everything into a bowl. It doesn’t require much prep time and also, it’s easy on the dishes.
Why you’ll love this simple banana bread recipe
- All you need to make this healthy vegan and gluten-free banana bread recipe is a handful of simple ingredients.
- It will make your house smell divine!
- This banana bread recipe is easily adaptable and can be made with any of your favorite toppings- try fruit, nuts or even a different chocolate!
How to make Vegan and Gluten-free Banana Bread
The best part about making this recipe is that you can throw all the ingredients into one big bowl. I don’t know about you, but dishes are my worst enemy! I love to bake but the cleaning up part is my least favorite part. Which is why I love recipes that only require a few dishes!
To start, you will of course preheat your oven to 350F, prepare a loaf pan and make your flax eggs.
I always make my flax eggs at the beginning of a recipe since they require about 10 minutes to thicken up. To make a single flax egg, simply combine 1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp of warm water.
Then, I like to prepare my loaf pan by both lining it with parchment paper and lightly spraying it with non-stick spray.
Once you are prepared, you can start making the batter for the banana bread. In a large bowl, you will start by mashing your banana really well. You want it to be similar to baby food consistency.
Then, add in flax eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla. You can either mix with a whisk or a fork. I always use a fork and it works perfectly fine.
Once you have your wet ingredients combined. You will then add in your dry.
Add in almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Once again, mix until well incorporated.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, make sure that it is even so that way it will cook evenly in the oven. I like to sprinkle mine with chocolate chips, however, you can also mix chocolate chips into the batter.
Bake your banana bread in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Additional toppings you may want to consider
The possibilities are endless! You can use fresh fruit, your favorite nuts or your favorite chocolate. I mentioned it above, but I love to use chocolate and prep my banana bread at the start of the week. It’s the perfect healthy breakfast to have on hand for those busy mornings. I like to top mine off with creamy all natural peanut butter!
60Vegan and Gluten-free Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
4 medium to large spotty bananas
4 flax eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and make your flax eggs- see notes above.
- Prepare loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper and lightly coating it with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until little to no clumps.
- Add in flax eggs, coconut oil, peanut butter and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Next, add in almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix once more.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!