This healthy raspberry banana bread is filled with freeze-dried raspberries and topped off with more freeze dried raspberries and vegan icing that is made with powdered sugar and almond milk. It’s easy to make, the perfect combination of tart and sweet, and healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
Why you’ll love this vegan and gluten-free banana bread recipe
When it comes to banana bread there are a few necessities that make it perfect. It has to be moist, fluffy, just the right amount of sweetness and of course, be loaded with tons of banana flavor!
Now, vegan banana bread is generally a little mushy since it does not have any eggs. However, this has never been an issue for me. It also tastes great with a little but of nut butter on top!
Ingredients needed to make raspberry banana bread
- Flax eggs
- Date syrup- may sub any other liquid sweetener: honey, agave, maple syrup.
- Vanilla extract
- Almond milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond flour
- Cassava flour
- Baking powder
- Freeze dried raspberries
How to make Vegan + Gluten-free Raspberry Banana Bread
The best part about making this recipe is that you can throw all the ingredients into one big bowl.
To start, you will of course preheat your oven to 375F, prepare a loaf pan and make your flax eggs.
I always make my flax eggs at the beginning of a recipe since they require about 10 minutes to thicken up. To make a single flax egg, simply combine 1 Tbsp of flaxseed meal with 3 Tbsp of warm water, mix well and allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
In the meantime, I like to prepare my loaf pan by both lining it with parchment paper and lightly spraying it with non-stick spray. This is so the banana bread won’t stick to the pan and the parchment paper.
Once you are prepared, you can start making the batter for the banana bread. In a large bowl, you will start by mashing your banana really well. You want it to be similar to baby food consistency.
Then, add in flax eggs, cinnamon, date syrup, vanilla, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. You can either mix with a whisk or a fork. I always use a fork and it works perfectly fine. Allow the batter to rest, the apple cider vinegar will mix with the rest of the ingredients- this will help the bread rise during baking time.
Once you have your wet ingredients combined. You will then add in your dry.
Add in almond flour, cassava flour, and baking powder. Once again, mix until well incorporated. Then add in freeze dried raspberries and mix once more.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, make sure that it is even so that way it will cook evenly in the oven. I like to sprinkle mine with additional freeze dried raspberries, however, you can use any toppings that you’d like!
Bake your banana bread in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Vegan and Gluten Free Raspberry Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
3 over ripe bananas
2 flax eggs
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup date syrup- see notes above
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 + 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cassava flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup freeze dried raspberries + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper.
- Make flax eggs and set aside- see notes above
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Then add in flax eggs, cinnamon, date syrup, vanilla bean, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until well incorporated and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combined almond flour, cassava flour, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in freeze dried raspberries and mix once more.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with additional freeze dried raspberries.
- Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!