This flourless chocolate cake recipe is easy to make, perfectly moist, super fudgey and deliciously chocolatey. It’s made with bananas, peanut butter and chocolate- which in my book is the greatest trio that ever existed.
Sweet, moist, delicious chocolate cake
Every Friday I create a flourless recipe and share on my Instagram, I call it #FlourlessFridays. That’s how this delicious and simple flourless chocolate cake was born.
I always have my kitchen stocked with bananas in all stages of life, but I have to admit… during quarantine I was getting a little tired of always making banana bread. Don’t get me wrong, I am a banana bread kind of gal, but I was seeking some more excitement in my life. So, I took the road less traveled and made a different sweet treat with my spotty bananas.
Because this chocolate cake recipe is flourless, it is also gluten-free!
Ingredients needed to make Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter
- Over-ripe bananas
- Date syrup- can sub honey, maple syrup, or agave
- Baking powder
- Chocolate Chips
How to make flourless chocolate cake
I love that this recipe literally takes less than five minutes to prep. It’s as easy as throwing all your ingredients together in a blender or food processor and blending until smooth.
Once you have your batter, you will pour it into your baking dish of choice. I used an 8×8 baking dish, but you can use a loaf pan, mini loaf pan, cup cakes etc.
But for the sake of this recipe, let’s stick to the 8×8 baking dish. It’s best to line your baking dish with parchment paper so this way it’s easier to remove and your cake doesn’t stick to you pan.
Now this is optional, but it makes such a pretty design on top of the cake.
Once the batter is in the pan, you can pour peanut butter in zig zag’s across the top, using a toothpick spread the peanut butter in the opposite direction to create a feathering effect.
Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
1 cup peanut butter + more for topping
3 over-ripe bananas
1/4 cup date syrup (can sub honey, agave or maple syrup)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup cacao
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F, and prepare an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a blender or food processor, combine peanut butter, bananas, date syrup, baking powder, eggs, salt, and cacao and blend until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips last.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Pour peanut butter across the top in a zig zag motion. Using a tooth pick draw lines down creating a feathering effect.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!