Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi is a weekly staple in my household. I took those delicious cauliflower bites and threw them into my waffle iron to create these delicious cauliflower gnocchi savory waffles. They taste amazing as a breakfast side or top them off with some pizza sauce to create the ultimate pizza waffle!
How to prepare the cauliflower gnocchi
You will want the cauliflower gnocchi to be soft, similar to a dough consistency. This way, they can cook evenly in the waffle iron. The best way to do this is to heat them on the stove top with about 2 tsp of avocado oil. Allow them to sautÃ© for about 5 minutes, but watch them closely so they don’t start to cook.
After the five minutes are up, add them to your greased waffle iron and cook over medium heat. THAT’S IT.
Get fancy with your toppings
The possibilities are endless when it comes to topping your cauliflower gnocchi waffles! They make a great addition for Sunday brunch or even mid week pizza night!
Top the cauliflower gnocchi off with some marinara sauce and parmesan cheese, the kids are sure to love it!
Cauliflower Gnocchi WafflesCourse: EntreeCuisine: American
1 bag frozen cauliflower gnocchi
2 tsp Avocado oil
1 cup marinara sauce
2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Thaw frozen cauliflower gnocchi by sautÃ©ing in medium saucepan with 1 Tbsp of avocado oil for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat waffle iron skillet and add in thawed gnocchi.
- Cook gnocchi in waffle iron skillet over medium heat until desired crispness
- Top off with your favorite toppings! Enjoy!
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!