This brownie fudge is the next real deal. It is made with sweet potatoes, avocado and cacao making the texture super smooth, creamy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
Something sweet after dinner
I don’t know about you, but I am a firm believer in dessert after dinner, always.
There’s something so satisfying about having a little sweetness to mask the saltiness of dinner. I love to make healthy desserts that are both delicious and good for you. You’d never believe that the based of these fudge brownies are made with sweet potato and avocado.
The sweet potato allows these fudge brownies to be nice and thick, while the avocado takes these delicious fudge brownies to a creamy level.
Ingredients needed to make fudge brownies
- Steamed or Baked Sweet Potato
- Coconut oil
- Honey- However, if vegan or plant-based you can sub agave, maple syrup or even date syrup!
- Baking powder
- Fiber from Silver Fern Brand– optional
How to make fudgey sweet potato and avocado brownies
If you have been around long, you’d know that my favorite recipes are the ones that you can just throw into a blender or food processor and be on your way. This recipe is one of those recipes.
I prepped some sweet potatoes earlier in the week to have on hand for a healthy side for my dinners, but I had one leftover that I wasn’t going to eat- so what did I do? I turned it into the most delicious and decadent fudge brownies!
To start, you will want to bake your sweet potato in the oven at 350F for about an hour. Allow to cool completely. This is best done the night prior!
Once you have your sweet potato precooked, you will want to preheat your oven to 350F. In the meantime, you can add all your ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. You may need to stop a few times and scrape down the sides during this process to insure all the ingredients are blended together.
Pour your batter into an 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely before cutting into.
You can eat these brownies warm, or you can store them in the fridge and eat them with a spoon- which is my preferred method of enjoying these delicious fudgey bites.
They are melt in your mouth delicious! The avocado makes these fudgey bites so unbelievably creamy!
Sweet Potato and Avocado Brownie FudgeCourse: DessertCuisine: American
1 medium pre-cooked sweet potato
3 small avocados
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cacao
2 scoops of Silver Fern Brand Fiber *optional
1/4 cup of non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 8×8 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper.
- In your blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients with the exception of chocolate chips.
- You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times to ensure all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Once you have a creamy and smooth batter, pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into.
- I prefer to enjoy these fudge brownies after they have sat in the fridge for a few hours. However, they taste great warm as well!
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!