Soft, delicious and simple homemade vegan and gluten-free bagels. These bagels are grain free and made with a blend of almond and tapioca flour.Jump to Recipe
Homemade bagels were on of my quarantine experiments. I always thought that bagels were a long processes to make, but it turns out they can be easy too!
So easy that this bagel recipe only requires a few simple ingredients and you will have a delicious bagel in 45 minutes from the time you start.
Ingredients in vegan and gluten-free bagels
- Almond flour
- Tapioca flour
- Non-dairy yogurt
- Baking Powder
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
Because there is no grain or dairy in this recipe, the bagels are going to be on the softer and more delicate side. However, they still have the same great tastes as my original bagel recipe that you can find here.
The blend of almond flour and tapioca flour allow for this bagel to hold it shape. Tapioca is a starch extracted from the storage roots of the cassava plant, so naturally it gives these bagels a fluffy texture.
How to make vegan and gluten-free bagels
Homemade bagels from scratch are extremely easy to whip together. From prep time to eat time, your bagels will be ready in under 50 minutes!
You will start by mixing the two flours together along with the baking powder until well combined.
Then you will add in the non-dairy yogurt. I used So Delicious brand, but any non-dairy will work! Using a spatula, mix until well combined.
Then, flour your working surface and flour your hands and then start to need the dough.
Then roll the dough into one large ball, and with a knife, cut into four equal parts. Roll these equal parts into four smaller balls.
Using your finger- poke a hole in the center and begin to swirl your hands clockwise or counter clock wise. The dough will begin to take a bagel shape. Repeat the process until you have four bagel shaped doughs!
Add the dough to your baking sheet, lined with parchment paper, and drizzle the top of the dough with avocado oil. Then, sprinkle the top with Everything But the Bagel seasoning. I really like the one from Trader Joeâ€™s! Donâ€™t be afraid to really coat them, as some of the seasoning will fall off during cook time.
Once your bagels are seasoned. Bake in the oven at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite cream cheese, or store in the fridge up to 4-5 days. These are great warmed up in the toaster!
Vegan and Gluten-free bagelsCourse: BreakfastCuisine: American
Soft, delicious and simple homemade vegan and gluten-free bagels. These bagels are grain free and made with a blend of almond and tapioca flour.
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup tapioca flour
1 cup non-dairy yogurt
1 Tbsp baking powder
Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- Then, add in yogurt and mix with a spatula until a dough starts to form.
- Roll the dough into a large ball and cut into fourths.
- Roll each individual portion into a small ball, and using your finger, poke a hole in the center.
- Flatten with your palm and form the dough into a bagel shape.
- Drizzle the tops of the bagels with avocado oil and sprinkle with Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @Lovelydelites on Instagram!