Gluten-free Cheesecake Bites are a delicious bite-sized dessert that everyone loves. A rich creamy cheesecake filling, that is made with only two simple ingredients and is nestled on an easy date crust.
These delicious cheesecake bites aren’t like your typical cheesecake that is made with cream cheese and sour cream, but they are instead made with a blend of greek yogurt and almond butter. The greek yogurt is key to achieve that same sweet and sour taste that is similar to cheesecake. If you are vegan, you can use non-dairy yogurt, however the taste will vary slightly and will be more like yogurt bites.
These are the perfect sweet treat to end your day with or even to bring to a potluck! They come together within 30 minutes, however, they do need a few hours in the freezer to really harden. The filling of this dessert is so addicting, I had to stop myself a few times as I was wanting to lick the spoon.
Ingredients needed to make Cheesecake Bites
There are two steps to making these creamy and sweet gluten-free cheesecake bites. The first step is to make the crust layer. The second step is the make the filling. Two parts, and two different steps.
Ingredients for the crust
- Almond Butter
- Dried Strawberries
- Vital Proteins Tropical Hibiscus Collagen- This is optional, but it does add a great flavor!
Ingredients for the filling
- Greek Yogurt- I used Greek God’s Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Almond Butter
Tools needed to make healthy cheesecake bites
- Food Processor or High Speed Blender
- Parchment Paper
- Measuring Cups
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin Liners
How to make delicious strawberry cheesecake bites
As mentioned previously. This recipe has two parts to it, both are simple and easy to make.
Start by making the crust layer first. In your food processor, blend dates, almonds, coconut, and dried strawberries and process until a crumble starts to form. About 2-3 minutes.
Then, you will stop the food processor and add in the almond butter and agave and blend once more until the ingredients are well incorporated. Now, you can either stop here, or you can add in the Vital Proteins Collagen for an extra beauty boost and flavor, however this is totally optional. It does not change the texture whatsoever.
Once you have your crust made, you will then prepare your muffin tin by lining each cavity with a muffin liner. Then, taking about 1 large Tbsp scoop of the crust and press it into the muffin cavity that is lined with muffin liner. Repeat this until the crust is finished.
Then, in a medium bowl, combine the yogurt and almond butter. Pour this mixture into the muffin tins and top with a fresh strawberry! Place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours to harden.
Gluten-free Strawberry Cheesecake BitesCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Healthy Strawberry Cheesecake bites that are made with greek yogurt, almond butter and a date crust.
1 cup pitted dates
1/3 cup dried strawberries
3/4 cup coconut
1/3 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup almond butter
2 Tbsp agave
3 scoops of Vital Proteins Tropical Hibiscus Collagen- Optional
1 cup almond butter
2 cups greek yogurt
- Crust Layer
- In your food processor, blend dates, almonds, coconut, and dried strawberries and process until a crumble starts to form. About 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add in almond butter and agave and blend once more.
- Optional, add in collagen last and blend until well incorporated.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and then press a heaping 1 Tbsp scoop into each cavity. Repeat this process until the crust mixture is finished.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter and greek yogurt and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture on top of crust and top off with a fresh strawberry slice.
- Place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours to harden completely.
- Store in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!