Vegetarian sun-dried tomato pasta that is made with a delicious coconut cream sauce! The sun-dried tomato pasta sauce is made from scratch using basil, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. This pasta dish is vegetarian and dairy free!
We are HUGE pasta lovers over here in my household. We have it on repeat at least once a week. Pasta is so versatile, easy to make and a family budget friendly meal.
I love to mix it up with different flavors of pasta sauce. Store-bought pasta sauce is a great way to go, but have you ever tried making your own? If you think it sounds like a lot, you are wrong. At least for this pasta sauce recipe. You will only need a few kitchen gadgets and ingredients and you’ll be on your way!
CREAMY COCONUT CREAM SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA
- This recipe features sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil.
- The most prominent flavor in this recipe is the homemade sun-dried tomato sauce. The sauce is made from scratch by combining coconut cream, sun dried tomatoes and basil in the blender.
- This coconut cream pasta sauce is seasoning with onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and of course salt and pepper.
INGREDIENTS FOR SUN-DRIED TOMATO PASTA
- Coconut cream
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Pasta water
- Use sun-dried tomatoes in a jar for a more flavorful pasta sauce.
- Season the pasta sauce after blending the ingredients together.
- Make sure to reserve some pasta water as you will need it to thin out the cream sauce. This also allows for the sauce to blend properly with the pasta.
- Feel free to increase the amount of spices for this recipe: basil, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and onion powder. This will make the sun-dried tomato sauce even more flavorful!
Sun-dried Tomato Coconut Cream PastaCourse: EntrÃ©eCuisine: Italian
Vegetarian sun-dried tomato pasta that is made with a delicious coconut cream sauce! The sun-dried tomato pasta sauceÂ is made from scratch using basil, sun-dried tomatoes and garlic. This pasta dish is vegetarian and dairy free!
1 box of Pasta
1 13.5 oz can of refrigerated coconut cream
1 10oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- Boil pasta according to package, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- In your blender, combine coconut cream, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, fresh basil and pasta water and blend until smooth.
- In a large sautÃ© pan, add in cooked pasta and then top with sauce from blender.
- Seasoning with garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Mix until well combined.
- Top with pepper flakes and parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!