This indulgent dessert is perfect for Summer or just anytime you are craving a classic s’mores. These s’mores brownies are made with healthier ingredients like brown rice flour, organic brown sugar and ground flaxseed meal.
The most delicious vegan and gluten-free s’mores recipe
I am such a huge fan of s’mores recipes as of late. I’m not sure if it’s just because it’s Summertime and we are in the middle of quarantine or what, but I’m not complaining one bit! These s’mores brownies really did it for me though, and it will definitely be a recipe on repeat!
How can you make s’more vegan and gluten-free?
If you’re like, Hannah- marshmallows have gelatin… how are they vegan? Trader Joe’s actually carries vegan marshmallows! Make sure to pick some up on your next trip there!
I made the brownie base with brown rice flour. Brown rice flour only has one ingredient- brown rice! I picked up a bag from my local grocery store. My favorite is Bob’s Red Mill! As stated on their website, Brown Rice Flour is “an essential ingredient in gluten free baked goods, Organic Brown Rice Flour is 100% whole grain and stone ground, preserving the nutrients found in the bran and germ of the rice kernels”
It’s so simple to bake with and keeps these brownies moist, fluffy and delicious!
Ingredients in this recipe for chocolate chip cookies
To make these easy s’mores brownies, youâ€™ll only need 10 simple ingredients. And that includes the givens like the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate. If you’re a baker, or just had a bbq, then i’m sure you will already have most of these ingredients in your pantry!
Brown rice flour
Ground flaxseed meal
Marshmallows + Graham crackers
What you need to make this recipe
You’ll only need a few items to make this recipe! No fancy kitchen gadgets needed.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- 8×8 baking pan
- Parchment paper
S’mores Brownies (Vegan and Gluten-free)Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Beginner
S’mores brownies make for a great vegan and gluten-free dessert. You don’t have to wait for the summertime to enjoy the same great taste of that bonfire s’more!
1 cup of brown rice flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup melted chocolate chips (use non-dairy to make vegan)
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- For topping
1/2 cup vegan marshmallows
1 graham cracker
1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, brown rice flour, flaxseed meal and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond butter, almond milk, vanilla and melted chocolate chips. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with a spatula. Then, fold in additional chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Top with vegan marshmallows, crushed graham cracker, and additional chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the brownie base comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes before cutting into.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!