Mini pumpkin pie loaves are a delicious fall treat that is made with wholesome ingredients like coconut flour, organic pumpkin and sweetened with organic brown sugar. This pumpkin loaf is gluten-free and has an option to be made vegan as well.
The Fall season is officially here (even if it doesn’t feel like it outside). So cue all the pumpkin spice recipes! This is an old recipe that I created last year, so I am bringing it back with a few updates.
This pumpkin loaf is all the things- gluten-free, organic, moist, fluffy and has the option to be made vegan! It has simple and whole-some ingredients and comes together in just under an hour.
Ingredients needed to make Pumpkin Loaf
- Coconut flour
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking powder
- Sea salt
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Greek yogurt (can sub non-dairy yogurt to make vegan)
- Apple sauce
- Coconut oil
Please note, that I have not tried this recipe with any other flour other than coconut flour. If you are looking for almond flour or regular flour, I would recommend following any other of my banana bread recipes and subbing pumpkin puree instead of the banana.
Brown sugar can easily be subbed for coconut sugar, granulated sugar or monk fruit sweetener.
Greek yogurt can be subbed for non-dairy yogurt to make this recipe vegan!
How to make coconut flour pumpkin loafs
Making these gluten-free pumpkin loaves are easy, quick and headache free! You’ll just need a few kitchen utensils and you’ll be on your way!
- One small mixing bowl
- One large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Mini loaf dish
To start, you will preheat your oven to 375F and either spray or line your mini loaf tin with coconut oil or parchment paper.
Then, in a a small bowl combine your dry ingredients. Add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and sea salt in a small bowl. Set this mixture aside while you combine the wet ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, greek yogurt, apple sauce and coconut oil. With a whisk or fork, mix until well incorporated.
Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix with a spatula until well combined.
Add batter to prepared mini loaf pan. These do not rise in the oven, so filling them to the top is recommended. Top with pumpkin seeds if desired, and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
What if I want to use a muffin tin?
You absolutely can use a muffin tin instead of a mini loaf tin. However, the cooking time may vary. I have not tested it this way yet, so I would recommend baking them for 30 minutes first and adding a few minutes on each time after that!
This recipe makes 4 mini pumpkin loafs! You can double the recipe to make more if desired.
Mini Pumpkin Pie LoavesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Beginner
Mini Pumpkin Pie loaves are a delicious fall treat that is made with coconut flour, organic pumpkin and sweetened with organic brown sugar. These mini pumpkin pies are gluten-free and can be made vegan as well.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a mini loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Set this mixture aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin puree, brown sugar, greek yogurt, apple sauce, vanilla and coconut oil and mix until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with a spatula until well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared tins. These loafs will not rise during baking, so it’s recommended to fill the tins to the top. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!