Simple and Easy Vegetarian Instant Pot Chili – This traditional chili recipe is just like my mom used to make except, I’ve added a few additions to make it vegetarian!
What’s in Vegetarian Chili?
Vegetarian Chili is made with a blend of beans, veggies and spices. This recipe is made in the instant pot, making it easy, efficient and hassle-free. From start to finish you will have a hearty bowl of chili in under 30 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started-
- Veggie broth
- Red onion
- Red kidney beans
- White beans
- Black beans
- Chili powder
- Tomato paste
- Diced tomatoes
Chili is so versatile. This recipe is vegetarian, but you can easily add in meat or any other vegetables that you’d like! You will also need an instant pot, otherwise you’d have to make this recipe in a crockpot or stovetop.
Simple and Easy Vegetarian Instant Pot ChiliCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Beginner
Simple and Easy Vegetarian Instant Pot Chili is a hearty and healthy chili recipe that is made in under 30 minutes. It’s filled with hearty vegetables make it a well-rounded meal. Perfect for the winter and saves great for a meal prep throughout the week!
1 red onion, diced
15 oz can of corn, drained
15oz can of red kidney beans, drained
15 oz can of Cannellini beans, drained
15 oz can of black beans, drained
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
4.6 oz of tomatoes paste
32 fl oz of vegetable broth
1 large zucchini, diced
2 carrots, diced
15oz can of chickpeas, drain and rinsed
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
- Prep all your veggies and set aside. Drain beans, and rinse chickpeas.
- In a 6-8 qt Instant Pot, press Saute and let appliance preheat until display says hot.
- Add in 1 Tbsp of avocado oil, and add in onion and garlic. Sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Press cancel, then add in remainder of ingredients. Stir until ingredients are well incorporate. Cover with the lid and set pressure vent to Sealing and press Pressure Cook on High or Manual for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, release pressure and allow steam to release for about 3-5 minutes. Once it has stopped, turn off instant pot and open lid.
- Stir, and enjoy warm!
- I like to serve mine with cheese, sour cream, crackers, cilantro and lime.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites in Instagram! #lovelydelites