Coconut Cream Chocolate Mouse Cake is a delicious no bake cake that is made with healthy and wholesome ingredients like full fat coconut cream, coconut sugar, dates and cacao. This cake is very easy to make and doesn’t require any oven time.
A dessert that everyone will remember
Everyone loves chocolate, and if they don’t… can we really trust them? Don’t be fooled by the fancy toppings on this cake. This no bake coconut cream chocolate mouse cake comes together in just a few hours, the hardest part is waiting for it to harden in the freezer!
Coconut Cream Chocolate Mouse Cake is made with full fat coconut cream, fair traded cacao, coconut sugar and a few other ingredients. It’s absolutely mouthwatering.
I will be making this recipe on repeat for awhile, and most definitely will be taking it to Christmas this year to share with my family.
Ingredients used in this Chocolate Mouse Cake
For the Coconut Cream Chocolate Mouse Cake, we’ll be using a base blend of full fat coconut cream, cacao, and coconut sugar. For the crust, we will be using dates, almonds and almond butter.
- Almond butter
- Full fat coconut cream
- Coconut sugar
- Granola butter or Almond butter
Tools for making Mouse Cake
To prepare this recipe, you’ll need a handful of items, prepare the below and let’s start baking!
- Medium Saucepan
- Measuring Cups
- Parchment paper
- Spring pan
- Food Processor
How to make delicious chocolate mouse cake
Like I mentioned previously, Coconut Cream Chocolate Mouse Cake is very easy to whip together. Start by mixing the ingredients in the saucepan over medium heat to form the base. Then, we’ll make the crust for the base to go into. Place that baby in the freezer for 1.5 hours and you’ll be ready to indulge on this amazing cake!
This cake is an easy no-bake treat, the only thing you will need is a freezer!
To start making this incredible cake, you will mix together the full fat coconut cream, coconut sugar, almond butter and cacao in a medium saucepan over low heat. To make sure the ingredients are really well combined, use a whisk and stir the ingredients really well. You’ll start to see a thick chocolate batter start to form, it will only take a few minutes. Once you have this mixture, remove from heat and set aside.
The crust will be next. To make the crust, add pitted dates to your food processor and blend for a few minutes until the dates are broken apart. Then, add in the almonds and almond butter and blend once more. You will see the pieces start to break down and form together. About 3-5 minutes.
Line the spring pan with parchment paper, and then add the crust to the pan. Using your hands, firmly press the crust into the pan until it starts to make shape. Then, pour the chocolate mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
Place the whole pan in the freeze for a minimum of 1.5 hours to harden.
Remove from freezer and top with dried oranges, coconut and star anise. Slice into the cake and enjoy!
My favorite healthy ingredients
As always, this chocolate mouse cake is made with healthier ingredients. This cake is delicious and has no funky ingredients!
Full fat coconut cream is a must for this recipe, you want to use the thick creamy part which makes this cake sturdy, creamy and thick.
Coconut Cream Chocolate Mouse Cake
Coconut Cream Chocolate Mouse Cake is a delicious no-bake cake that is made with only 7 healthy and wholesome ingredients.
2 cups pitted dates
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup almond butter
- Mouse Cake
2 cans of full fat coconut cream
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup cacao
1/2 cup coconut sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine full fat coconut cream, almond butter, cacao and coconut sugar and whisk until ingredients are well incorporated, about 3 minutes. It should be a thick, creamy texture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add dates and blend until dates are broken down into small pieces, about 3 minutes.
- Add in almonds and almond butter and blend once more until a crust texture starts to form. About 3 minutes.
- Line a spring pan with parchment paper and then pour date crust into it. Using your hands, firmly press crust into dish.
- Then, pour chocolate mixture over the crust and place in the freezer for a minimum of 1.5 hours.
- Remove from freezer, top with dried orange slices, coconut and star anise for decoration. Cut into and enjoy.
- Enjoy within 3-4 days in the fridge, or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram!