Vegan Marble Banana Bread is a simple and quick recipe to make with the over-ripe bananas that are sitting on your counter. This easy chocolate swirl banana bread recipe is so simple to make and comes together within 1 hour.Jump to Recipe
I love making swirl desserts, they are easy to make and always turn out so pretty. You will really impress your friends and family with this elevated way to make banana bread. This Vegan Marble Banana Bread is moist and well-balanced between the chocolate and the sweetness of the overripe bananas. You’re gonna love it!
I know we can all agree that banana and chocolate is just a match made in heaven. Even if you don’t like chocolate (can’t say that I am not judging) you will love this banana bread. The chocolate flavor is very slight due to the cacao, but is still sweet from the bananas.
INGREDIENTS IN VEGAN BANANA BREAD + SUBSTITUTIONS
- all purpose flour- you can sub oat flour or whole wheat flour in replace for the all purpose flour. You may also use a 1:1 swap of gluten-free flour if you like.
- baking powder
- maple syrup- you may sub any other sweetener of choice here such as coconut sugar, cane sugar, agave or honey.
- over-ripe bananas
- almond butter- you may sub any other nut or seed butter such as cashew, peanut, pecan, granola or sunflower-seed butter.
- almond milk- you may sub any other milk or nut milk alternative.
- cacao powder
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN MARBLE BANANA BREAD
Putting this vegan marble banana bread recipe together is a lot easier than it may look! When thinking of what ingredients to use for this recipe, I took a look at my past banana bread recipes. Most of which contain almond flour and the base. This time, I took the road less traveled and used regular flour to switch things up.
To start, preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a loaf or circle pan by lining it with parchment paper. Since I was in the mood to switch things up, I went with a circle pan for this recipe.
While your oven is preheating, you can start making the recipe. To start, simply mash the bananas in a large bowl. I like to use a potato masher for this, but you can use a fork which works just as well, but takes a little longer. Next, you will mix in the maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk and almond butter. Mixing all your wet ingredients together first is key. Then we will add in the dry.
Now that you have the wet ingredients all combined, we will add in the dry ingredients starting with the flour. You can combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then add them to the wet, or you can simple just mix them in separately. Both methods work just fine.
Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix with a spatula until the ingredients are well combined and you have a thick batter. Next reserve 1/2 cup of the banana bread batter and add it to a small bowl. Mix in the cacao until you have a chocolate batter.
Now we assemble, pour about 1/2 of the batter from the original flavor into the prepared pan, then layer with the chocolate batter. To finish it off, pour the remainder of the original batter on top. Take a knife or a tooth pick and begin to make swirl motions until you have achieved your desired look.
Place the pan in the center of the rack in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and let the banana bread cool for a minimum of 30 minutes before cutting into. Serve warm, or store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days. You can also freeze the banana bread and enjoy up to 1 month!
OTHER BANANA BREAD RECIPES TO TRY:
If you are looking for more banana bread recipes to try I have a ton on my website. You can simply search “Banana Bread” in the search bar and all of my recipes will pop up. But here are a few of my favorites to try:
- Reece’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
- Vegan Oat Flour Banana Bread
- Vegan Fig Banana Bread
- Healthy Paleo Banana Bread
Vegan Marble Banana BreadCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Beginner
Vegan Marble Banana Bread is a simple and quick recipe to make with the over-ripe bananas that are sitting on your counter. This easy chocolate swirl banana bread recipe is so simple to make and comes together within 1 hour.
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 cup mashed banana (about three medium bananas)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup almond butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp cacao powder
- To start, preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a loaf or 8×8 circle pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork or potato masher until there are little to no chunks left.
- Add in the maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and almond milk and whisk until ingredients are well combined.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder and salt and mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of batter and add to a small mixing bowl. Then, mix in the cacao until you have a chocolate banana bread batter. Set aside.
- Take the original batter and pour 1/2 of it into the prepared pan. Layer it with the cacao batter and then top off with the remainder of the original batter.
- Next, take a toothpick or knife and begin to make swirl motions, mixing the two batters together and creating a beautiful swirl design on top. Keep going until you have achieved your desired design.
- Place the pan in the center of the rack and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30-40 minutes before cutting into. Serve warm or store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days.
- Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to tag @lovelydelites on Instagram.
- Please consider leaving a comment + rating below! Thank you!!