Buffalo Chickpea Bites
The best super bowl appetizer
The super bowl is this weekend and if you’re still looking for the perfect buffalo bites to serve at your spread this year, then save this recipe- it’s for you! These Buffalo Chickpea Bites are made with simple ingredients and are perfectly spicy, crispy and meat-free!
These buffalo chickpea bites are perfect for your vegetarian friends, but also loved by meat-eaters too. They have an amazing texture, perfectly spicy flavor and are the perfect bite sized snack. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Tiktok so I can see your recreations!
Ingredients needed to make Buffalo Chickpea Bites
These buffalo chickpea bites are insanely easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients.
- phyllo dough- found in the freezer section of most grocery stores!
- chickpeas- cooked chickpeas from the can, just make sure you drain and rinse them. Or you can make your own at home by boiling them for a few hours.
- cream cheese- regular dairy or dairy free cream cheese will work here, or you can use greek yogurt!
- buffalo sauce- you can use Franks, however my personal favorite is Primal Kitchen.
- toppings: sour cream, lettuce, pico de gallo
How to make these buffalo bites
These chickpea buffalo bites are incredibly easy to make and only require a few steps:
- Thaw phyllo dough overnight or on the counter for at least 3 hours.
- Make the chickpea filling by blending together chickpeas, cream cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Cut the phyllo dough into 3×4 inch slices. Add these to a cupcake liner pan and fill with chickpea mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until phyllo dough is crispy and golden brown.
- Add on toppings and enjoy!