**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Charcuterie Skewers are the perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving this year.
- They will hold your guests over without getting too full before the main course.
- Extremely easy to put together and can easily make ahead of time!
- These charcuterie skewers are ready from start to finish in just under 20 minutes, perfect for any social gathering.
- 100% customizable, so feel free to add on your favorite toppings and make it your own.
- The perfect finger food.
- A wonderful alternative to making a full charcuterie board. It requires half the effort and only a few simple ingredients.
- Great for holiday parties, football parties, or any type of potluck.
- Depending on your toppings, this recipe can be made vegan, keto, gluten free, or plant based.
- Check out my pasta salad for a more traditional side dish!
Ingredients And Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Charcuterie Skewers. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
Mozzarella balls are fluffy, creamy and the perfect bite size cheese ball. I use the marinated ones from Trader Joes!
Use green or black whole, but pitted olives. I used green olives that were stuffed with garlic.
Salami adds a nice touch of protein.
Fresh basil leaves are filled with a lovely aroma and flavor.
Use roasted red bell pepper from the jar, or fresh bell pepper for a more crunchy texture.
Artichoke hearts from a jar add the perfect salty touch.
Cooked, Cheese tortellini is optional but a great addition.
A drizzle of balsamic glaze at the end really ties these skewers all together.
How To Make
STEP 1: PREPARING TO ASSEMBLE
Boil the tortellini for a few minutes until they float. Remove and let cool while you prep the rest of the ingredients. Cut the salami in half, cut the roasted red bell peppers into bite sized pieces, and cut the artichoke hearts in half.
STEP 2: ASSEMBLING SKEWERS
Then to assemble, alternate putting on an olive, salami, mozzarella ball, basil, red pepper, salami (again), artichoke heart, olive (again), and cooked tortellini to finish it off.
Taste and Texture
Charcuterie Skewers are a savory appetizer that has a great balance of salty flavor.
There are a few different textures that vary between soft, crunchy and chewy.
Tips And Tricks
Prep your ingredients ahead of time to make assembly quick and seamless.
Feel free to customize the ingredients and add on your favorite toppings instead.
Great recipe for a crowd or pot luck! Bring these Charcuterie Skewers to a large gathering by doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling the ingredients depending on how many people you are looking to feed.
How To Serve And Store
Serve with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and enjoy cold!
These skewers make for great leftovers. To store, cover a tray with plastic wrap, or store in an airtight container with a lid, and keep in fridge for 3-4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Totally! Make these skewers your own by adding on your favorite toppings such as prosciutto, pepperoni, or brie cheese, cheddar cheese, etc!
Of course! This recipe can easily be cut in half or double to serve a smaller or larger crowd.
No, but I think it adds a nice touch!
Other Recipes You May Like
- Healthy Pasta Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Fig Crostini
- Pearled Couscous Salad
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese
If you make these Charcuterie Skewers, I would really appreciate a comment and rating down below, under the recipe card. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me over on Instagram, Tiktok or Pinterest!