Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms come together in less than 30 minutes.
- These gluten free cookies are soft, chewy and filled with peanut butter flavor.
- They are topped with a dark chocolate Hershey’s kiss for the perfect combo.
- The base of these cookies are made with almond flour making them great for anyone who is gluten intolerant.
- As written this recipe is gluten free, grain free and can easily be made dairy free and vegan with the use of a vegan chocolate.
- The perfect bite sized cookie for any occasion!
- Great for holiday parties, social gatherings or potlucks.
- They are so good you’d never believe they are gluten free!
- Refined sugar free and secretly healthy!
- If you loved this recipe, be sure to check out my peanut butter fudge bars for another great classic!
Ingredients And Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
The base of this cookie is made with almond flour making it great for those that are gluten intolerant. I have not tested this recipe with any other flours.
A touch of salt helps to balance out all the flavors.
Maple syrup is one of my favorite sweeteners to use in recipes because it’s refined sugar free, natural and tastes amazing in baked desserts. You can also use agave, honey or date syrup but these substitutes will alter the flavor and color.
Vanilla extract adds flavor to any baked good!
I used coconut oil in this recipe but you can also use avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil or even a dairy or dairy free butter.
Use all natural runny peanut butter for best results. Avoid peanut butters that are thick and creamy such as Skippy or Jiff, these have palm oil in them and can alter the texture of this specific recipe.
And of course, finish off these cookies with a Hershey’s kiss. You can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate like I did here.
How To Make
ONE: Start by mixing together the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Combine the maple syrup, runny peanut butter, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Whisk until ingredients are well incorporated.
TWO: Next, fold in the almond flour and salt and mix with a rubber spatula until a dough is formed.
THREE: Use a single cookie scoop, and roll the dough into a ball with the palm of your hands, place it on the prepared baking sheet and flatten the tops slightly with the palm of your hands. Then, bake for 13 minutes.
FOUR: Remove from the oven and immediately add the unwrapped Hershey’s kiss in the center. Press down gently but firmly and allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes before moving.
Tips And Tricks
Use all natural runny peanut butter, avoid any PB that contain palm oil as this can alter the cookie texture.
For uniform cookies, use a single cookie scoop.
Gently but firmly press in the Hershey’s kiss. The edges may crack a little, that’s ok!
How To Serve And Store
Serve these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms warm or at room temperature, and enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk, cup of coffee or tea.
Store in an airtight container on the counter and enjoy within 3-4 days.
Taste And Texture
These Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms are soft, chewy and are filled with peanut butter. The Hershey’s kiss on top is slightly soft and melted and tastes amazing with both the cookie and peanut butter flavor.
The texture is really soft and chewy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not tested this recipe with any other flour substitutes.
Totally! The only ingredient that isn’t vegan is the Hershey’s Kiss, so feel free to swap that for a vegan alternative!
I would suggest sticking to a liquid sweetener as granulated sugars can alter the texture of this cookie.
Other Recipes You May Like
- Vegan Peanut Butter Bars
- Brown Butter M&M Cookie Bars
- Vegan Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- Maple Pecan Cookies
- Gluten Free Thumbprint Cookies
If you make these Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms, I would really appreciate a comment and rating down below, under the recipe card. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me over on Instagram, Tiktok or Pinterest!