Healthy Starbucks Pumpkin Bread Gluten-Free
Starbucks Pumpkin Bread but Grain-Free
I have been dying to re-create Starbucks pumpkin bread, it’s definitely one of my favorites from their menu. However, I knew I could re-create it but with healthier ingredients and that’s exactly what I did.
This pumpkin bread recipe is going to be a fall favorite. You can make the entire loaf at home for a fraction of the cost per slice at Starbucks. Besides, this recipe is made with simple ingredients like almond butter, almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, and brown sugar.
Ingredients in Copy-Cat Starbucks Pumpkin Bread
I am no one to shy away from recipes that double as breakfast or dessert. This pumpkin bread is healthy enough to enjoy with your cup of coffee, and sweet enough to eat at the end of the day with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or butter.
The ingredients are simple, nothing too complicated at all. Let’s go over them briefly, but as always please refer to the recipe card at the bottom for full details in instructions:
- pumpkin– This recipe calls for a whole can of pumpkin puree, I use a 15oz can of organic pumpkin from Trader Joe’s.
- almond butter- almond butter helps give this recipe a good amount of fat! Yes- recipe need fat and almond butter is my favorite ingredient to use for this
- eggs- eggs help this bread to become fluffy and moist. I have no tested it with flax eggs, but I would assume that it would still work, however, the end result of course won’t be as fluffy as pictured here.
- vanilla- vanilla extract in necessary for all baked goods.
- almond flour– I use a blend of two different flours, almond and coconut. This helps this recipe be gluten and grain free!
- coconut flour- coconut flour is necessary in combination with the almond flour because it helps mend the bread together and gives it an incredible flavor and texture.
- baking powder and baking soda- the combination of baking powder and baking soda helps give this pumpkin bread a fluffy and dense texture.
- pumpkin pie spice- pumpkin pie spice is a combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. It helps give this bread flavor and a wonderful aroma.
- cinnamon- I like to add in additional cinnamon for more flavor.
- brown sugar- brown sugar is an amazing ingredient to use during the holiday season. It gives this bread a subtly sweet flavor. You can sub coconut sugar if you’d like
- sea salt- a touch of sea salt to help balance out all the flavors of this pumpkin bread.
- pepitas (pumpkin seeds)– Just like starbucks, I sprinkle pepitas on top of the bread before baking to help give it a nice crunch in the end.
How to make moist pumpkin bread
This pumpkin bread is incredibly easy to make, you will only need one bowl and a few other kitchen appliances. I like to use an electric mixer to really incorporate the ingredients together, however, it’s not necessary.
We will start by preheating the oven to 350F and preparing a loaf pan by lightly coating it with non-stick spray and then lining it with parchment paper.
Next, in a large mixing bowl add in the wet ingredients such as the pumpkin, almond butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Then, in the same bowl, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and sea salt.
Once the dry and wet ingredients are combined, add the batter to the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle on pepitas. Lastly, bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Oven times may vary.