Healthy Tagalongs Vegan Gluten-Free
a girl scout cookie favorite
It’s that time of year again when your local Girl Scout is selling those famous cookies! I usually gravitate toward the samoa’s, thin mints, and tagalongs. Which is why i’m so excited to share these Healthy Tagalongs Vegan Gluten-Free with you!
I, of course, always try and support the girl scout’s whenever I can. However, it’s so fun to remake them at home but with simple and healthy ingredients, this way you can enjoy them year round! So far i’ve remade the samoa and thin mint cookies, and now… healthy tagalongs!
ingredients in Healthy Tagalongs
The tagalongs that you purchase from the girl scouts are made with natural and artificial flavors and a ton of other ingredients that I can’t pronounce!
Now, don’t get me wrong, I still love enjoying the real thing on occasion, but it’s also great to have a healthier alternative on hand, and besides this cookie is both vegan and gluten-free, so majority people can enjoy! Here’s what you’ll need to make these Healthy Tagalongs Vegan Gluten-Free:
- shortbread- is made with almond flour and maple syrup.
- peanut butter filling- is just plain and simple all natural runny peanut butter!
- chocolate coating- is a mixture of no sugar added dark chocolate, my favorite is from Hu Kitchen. And a touch of coconut oil for melting the chocolate.
How to make vegan and gluten-free tagalong cookies
Not only do these cookies only contain a few simple ingredients, but they are also so easy to make! Let’s go over it briefly here, however, please be sure to check out the recipe card below for full details and instructions!
- Preheat the oven and make the shortbread mixture by combing almond flour and maple syrup together.
- Roll the dough into balls and using your knuckle gently press into the center to form the indent where the peanut butter will go.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown and then let cool completely.
- Fill each crater with all natural runny peanut butter and place the cookies in the freezer for about 30 minutes, or until the peanut butter is firm to the touch.
- Dip the cookies in melted dark chocolate and enjoy!!