Vegan Thin Mints
Healthier Girl Scout Cookies
If you’re following me over on Instagram or Tiktok, then you would have seen me share my healthier Samoa and tagalong Girl Scout cookies earlier this week. Vegan Thin Mints was highly requested as my next recipe, so here we are!
I kept the base similar to my Samoa cookies that I made in 2021, but instead added in some cacao powder and peppermint extract to give these cookies that thin mint flavor that we all love and adore. I can’t wait to hear how you love this one!
Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies are a chocolate shortbread cookie that has a lovely peppermint flavor and is coated in a chocolate shell. They are really delicious, crispy and light! This version is pretty similar tasting to the real one, but it’s made with simple ingredients.
- shortbread- is made with almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup and peppermint extract. This is a grain free and gluten-free crust.
- chocolate coating- is made with vegan dark chocolate, peppermint extract and coconut oil.
How to make thin mint cookies
These vegan girl scout thin mint cookies are really simple to make! You don’t need even need a cookie cutter either, as long as you have a champagne glass on hand- you’ll be able to cut out the perfect cookie shapes.
- Make the shortbread by combing almond flour, cacao powder, maple syrup and peppermint extract together.
- Roll out the dough in between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Cut out the cookies using a champagne glass or cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies at 250F for about 20-25 minutes. Then let cool completely.
- Coat the cookies in vegan dark chocolate and let set to harden, then enjoy!
Other girl scout cookies to try:
Now, I always say that you should support your local Girl Scout when you can! There is nothing wrong with enjoying the real thing. However, whether you have an allergy that keeps you doing that, or you just want something with simpler ingredients, then I encourage you to check out my other versions of healthier girl scout cookies!