Heart Shaped Cheese Danish
The easiest cheese danish recipe
I first made cheese danishes last year with puff pastry and I fell in love with the idea of making them at home. They are incredibly easy to make but taste gourmet. This valentine’s day, make your loved one these super cute heart shaped cheese danish- they will love you for it!
These heart shaped cheese danishes are fluffy, light and have the most amazing tangy but sweet cheese filling. I used my homemade chia seed jam and topped them off with cane and powdered sugar for the perfect balance of sweetness. I can’t wait to see your creations, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Tiktok!
what you’ll need to make this cheese danish recipe
You will only need a handful of ingredients and kitchen tools to make this recipe. I used my own homemade jam, but feel free to use your favorite preservative instead!
- puff pastry
- heart shaped cookie cutter
- cream cheese
- chia seed jam
- vanilla extract
- cane sugar
- powdered sugar
how to make Heart Shaped Cheese Danish
You can make your own puff pastry, but for the sake of simplicity, we are using store bought puff pastry. You can find it in the frozen section of your local grocery store, just be sure to defrost it prior to using (about 30-45 minutes) on the counter.
- Defrost the puff pastry and then preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a clean surface and using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out the heart shapes and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Make an indent in the heart with a sharp knife. This is for a general idea of where the cheese filling will go.
- Cream together softened cream cheese, jam, vanilla extract and sugar with an electric mixer. Then, fill each heart shape with the mixture.
- Brush with an egg wash, or spray with avocado oil spray, then bake for 16-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, then sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!