Kelp Noodle Stir Fry
healthy kelp noodles in under 10 minutes
I just recently discovered kelp noodles and I am hooked! This easy, plant-based Kelp Noodle Stir Fry is ready in under 10 minutes and is both full of flavor and jam packed with crispy veggies like bell peppers, carrots, green onions and mushrooms. It’s tossed in a simple coconut amino acid sauce.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe! Keep on reading to find out where you can find these kelp noodles online and get them delivered to your house, quickly!
What are kelp noodles?
Kelp noodles are made from seaweed making them a vegan, gluten-free, low carb and low calorie option! I ordered a pack of two from Amazon and it was delivered the next day.
These healthy kelp noodles include many trace minerals such as iron, calcium, and iodine! However, it’s important to note that for each 4 ounce serving of these Kelp Noodles, there is 54.8mcg of iodine which is out of the recommended daily limit of 150mcg of iodine per day- just something to keep in mind.
How to prepare kelp noodles
Although these kelp noodles claim that they can be eaten right out of the package, (after rinsing) I have found that they are a bit tough and not the most enjoyable. However, if you follow these few simple steps, you’ll have the most soft, bouncing and delicious noodles!
- In a large bowl add in fresh lemon juice and baking soda, it will start to bubble!
- Add in the kelp noodles (without the water).
- Massage the kelp noodles for 1-2 minutes until they are soft and bouncy.
- Rinse the noodles in a fine mesh strainer really well
Ingredients in Kelp Noodle Stir Fry
This Kelp Noodle Stir Fry is made in just about 10 minutes. Here is what you’ll need:
- veggies- green onion, bell peppers, mushrooms and carrots
- sauce- extra virgin olive oil and coconut amino acids
- toppings- sesame seeds