One Pan Chicken and Peppers
Why you’ll love this recipe
- One Pan Chicken and Peppers are quick and easy to make.
- This meal is ready in 30 minutes.
- These chicken fajitas are made in one bowl and one pan.
- Easy preparation and clean up!
- Serve with warm corn or flour tortillas for a complete meal.
- Enjoy them on their own for a low carb option.
- Try my healthy baked chicken and veggies with miso dressing.
Ingredients and Substitutions
I personally love using organic free range chicken breast that I pick up from my local Trader Joe’s. I always look for organic and no antibiotics added. You can also use chicken tenders.
Bell peppers give these fajitas the perfect crunch. I love to orange, green and yellow, but you can use any colors that you prefer.
Red onion is used in this recipe, you can substitute any type of onion such as yellow or white.
Mild taco seasoning from Siete is my absolute favorite. I pick it up from my local Sprouts. You can use any type of taco seasoning, or create your own.
For the toppings I love to use feta cheese, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro.
Wrap these chicken and peppers in a warmed corn or flour tortilla.
How to make
This one sheet pan meal is ready in under 30 minutes. Let’s briefly go over it here, but I encourage you to check out the recipe card at the bottom of this page for full details and instructions.
ONE: Preheat oven to 425F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up.
TWO: Prepare the bell peppers, onions and chicken by slicing julienne (in stripes).
THREE: Place chicken and veggies in a large mixing bowl.
FOUR: Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with the taco seasoning, mix until really well combined.
FIVE: Place on the prepared baking sheet and spread evenly.
SIX: Sprinkle with additional taco seasoning and don’t mix.
SEVEN: Bake for 25 minutes. Serve with warm tortillas and toppings.
How to store
This One Pan Chicken and Peppers is best stored in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoyed within 4-5 days.
Store chicken and veggies separate from the tortillas and toppings.
Tips and Tricks
- Use a sharp knife for best results, I love using my Ninja Foodi Knife set.
- Internal temperature of chicken needs to read 165F.
- Add bell peppers, onions and chicken stripes to a large bowl for easy mixing.
- I like to use tongs to help combine the taco seasoning to the veggies.
- Use foil or parchment paper for easy clean-up.
- Warm tortillas by wrapping them in a clean dish towel or paper towel and microwave for 20-30 seconds, or heat on the stovetop.
Make your own taco seasoning
If you don’t have access to store bought taco seasoning, you can easily make your own at home with a combination of these simple ingredients:
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
- dried oregano
- ground cumin
- sea salt
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can!
Yes, you can use any color bell peppers. I personally love to use different colors for a more vibrant meal.
Warm corn or flour tortillas make a great addition to this meal.
Yes, you can use your favorite toppings. Try fresh salsa, avocado or a different type of cheese.
Other recipes to try:
- Pesto crusted salmon
- Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
- Healthy oven baked chicken and veggies with miso dressing
- Crispy vegan potato tacos
- Shrimp Taco Bowls
If you make these One Pan Chicken and Peppers, I would really appreciate a comment and rating down below, under the recipe card. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me over on Instagram, Tiktok or Pinterest!