Oven Roasted Eggplant
easiest oven roasted eggplant
I made this oven roasted eggplant as a vegan substitute for my Valentine’s Day Dinner Menu. Make sure you sign up for my newsletter so that you don’t miss any special menu offers like this one. Moreover, you can also follow along on Instagram or Tiktok for latest recipes!
For this eggplant recipe, I kept the seasonings simple and easy! You really don’t need a ton of ingredients to make a good roasted eggplant, just a few seasonings and some butter or a high quality EVOO. However, these eggplant slices can be used in a variety of ways, turn them into eggplant parmesan by topping them off with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, or use them in lasagna instead of pasta. The possibilities are truly endless.
Ingredients in roasted eggplant
We’re sticking to the basic’s when it comes to creating this roasted eggplant recipe. Grab the handful of ingredients below and let’s get cooking:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
How to roast eggplant
Roasted eggplant is really simple, quick and seamless! Once you have it down, it’ll become second nature.
- Wash and slice eggplant into about 1/2 inch thick slices. The thinner the slice the quicker it will take to roast. I have found about 1/2 inch or slightly smaller is the sweet spot.
- Arrange eggplant slices on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper or foil. Then brush both sides with melted butter. To keep this recipe vegan, be sure to use vegan butter or EVOO.
- Season the eggplant with all of the seasonings: salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Roast the eggplant at 425F for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are crispy and caramelized.
- Serve with your favorite dish and enjoy!