**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Pumpkin Butter comes together in just about 20 minutes.
- Is filled with pumpkin puree and fall spices.
- Sweetened with coconut sugar, maple syrup and apple cider.
- Tastes amazing on just about everything and anything.
- There are countless ways to use this pumpkin butter this holiday season.
- Makes for a great gift for a friend, family or loved one.
- You only need a few simple ingredients!
- Smearing some on toast, or drizzle it on yogurt, oatmeal or even in your morning cup of coffee!
- Check out my Pumpkin Pie Truffles for another great quick and easy recipe to make this Fall.
Ingredients And Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Pumpkin Butter. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
Use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling.
Maple syrup gives this pumpkin butter a delicious caramel flavor, you may sub date syrup, agave or honey.
Coconut sugar contains healthy fats and is one of my favorite sugars. You may also use brown sugar or cane sugar in replace.
A touch of lemon juice helps add a bit of tang and acidity to this pumpkin butter recipe. Use fresh lemon juice for best results.
A touch of vanilla extract makes any baked good better.
You can’t have pumpkin butter without pumpkin pie spice, this is highly encouraged. If you don’t have any or can’t find it, you can use extra cinnamon instead.
I personally love using apple cider in my pumpkin butter for a much sweeter taste, if you don’t like apple, then you can use water instead. Apple juice will work as well.
How To Make
ONE: Start by adding all the ingredients to a saucepan over medium to low heat and stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a slow simmer and let it sit there for roughly 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
TWO: The pumpkin butter will turn from bright orange to a deep dark brown color. Remove from heat, let cool slightly, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Tips And Tricks
Watch the pumpkin butter carefully and keep stirring occasionally so that it doesn’t burn.
Don’t let the mixture come to a full boil, only a slow simmer.
Let mixture cool to room temperature before storing.
How To Serve And Store
Serve this pumpkin butter on toast, in smoothies, on top of oatmeal or yogurt bowls, in coffee, cocktails, mocktails and so much more! The possibilities are endless. Think of using this Pumpkin Butter in replace of almond or peanut butter.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 3 weeks, or freeze and enjoy up to 3 months.
Taste And Texture
This pumpkin butter is incredibly sweet with delicious pumpkin flavor and undertones of apple.
The texture is creamy and smooth, think of a spreadable jam.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, it is not recommended.
I don’t see why not!
Water would be the best option.
Other Recipes You May Like
- Pumpkin pie truffles
- Brown Butter Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Brioche French Toast
- Oatmeal Bars with Pumpkin
- Starbucks Pumpkin Loaf
If you make these Apple Pie Cookies, I would really appreciate a comment and rating down below, under the recipe card. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me over on Instagram, Tiktok or Pinterest!