**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Turtle Dessert comes together in just a few minutes!
- This no bake dessert requires minimal ingredients and minimal effort.
- It’s crunchy, sweet and chewy from the medjool date.
- Secretly healthy!
- You only need four simple ingredients!
- This quick dessert will for sure impress your friends and family.
- Perfect for when you want something sweet but don’t want to turn on your oven.
- The candied pecans and pretzel add the perfect amount of crunch.
- As written, this recipe is fully vegan, plant-based and dairy free.
- A great way to use up any leftover dates!
- Check out my stuffed cookie dough dates for another great recipe!
Ingredients And Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for this Turtle Dessert. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
Use a medjool dates for best results, these tend to be much softer and have a more caramel like flavor. My favorite brand is Joolies Dates!
I used square pretzels, but you can use any kind of shape that you have. Stay away from flavored pretzels and use salted or unsalted.
Candied pecans are much more crunchy than raw pecans and have a lovely flavor.
To keep this recipe vegan, use a vegan chocolate, otherwise, feel free to use any type of milk or dark chocolate that you prefer!
How To Make
ONE: Start by removing the pit from each date and discarding. Then, using your fingers form the two edges together to make a circle in the dates. Add the pretzel to the center and gently, but firmly press down.
TWO: Next, add on five candied pecans to make the head and four legs. Add on the melted dark chocolate last to cover the pretzel fully and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden completely before enjoying!
Tips And Tricks
Use medjool dates for best results, my favorite brand is from Joolies Dates.
You can use any shape of pretzel, feel free to break it in half if needed.
Candied pecans over raw pecans add a better flavor and texture.
How To Serve And Store
Serve this Turtle Dessert as is and enjoy with a cup of coffee, tea or glass of milk.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within 5 days, or in the freezer and enjoy up to 30 days. If freezing, let the turtle defrost on the counter for 5 minutes to soften.
Taste And Texture
This Turtle Dessert tastes so good! It’s sweet and salty and has a yummy caramel flavor from the medjool dates.
The texture is crunchy but chewy and has a creamy chocolate flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
The dates are the base of this recipe and add a lovely caramel flavor and chewy texture. You may be able to use a fig or a peanut butter cup instead.
You can use more pretzels!
Other Recipes You May Like
- No bake Apple Donuts
- Raw no bake Cinnamon Rolls
- Cookie Dough Stuffed Dates
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Samoa Cookies- No Bake