Vegan Monster Oatmeal Cookies
Healthy monster cookies
Yes, you read that right! These vegan monster oatmeal cookies are actually healthy, but equally enjoyable. Typically, monster cookies are made with a lot of butter, sugar and eggs, but my version doesn’t contain any of those ingredients, but is still equally delicious.
Vegan monster oatmeal cookies are packed with creamy granola butter, old fashioned oatmeal, vegan chocolate chips, and vegan M&M’s from Unreal. These cookies are sweetened with maple syrup for a healthier twist on the classic.
WHAT ARE MONSTER COOKIES?
If you haven’t heard of monster cookies before, they are cookies that are typically made with peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chips and chocolate hard shell candies, (like M&M’s). They are essentially a combination of a bunch of pantry staples!
They get their name ‘monster’ from containing a bunch of ingredients! Which funny enough, is exactly why I got around to making this recipe anyways. I had a bunch of ingredients in my pantry that I wanted to use up, hence why I made a healthier version of the monster cookie!
ingredients in healthy monster cookies
old fashioned oats- gives these cookies a crispy edge, while remaining soft and chewy on the inside.
coconut oil- helps keep these cookies moist and buttery, without the butter
granola butter- typically monster cookies use peanut butter, but to make this recipe nut free we are using oat house granola butter
maple syrup- just a touch of maple syrup to help sweeten these cookies up
apple sauce- adds a naturally sweet flavor and also acts as the “egg” in this recipe
other ingredients: cinnamon, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract
toppings: chocolate chips, hard shell chocolate candies like unreal
How to make vegan oatmeal cookies
These cookies are easy to make and taste amazing! Let’s briefly go over the steps now, but for the full set of ingredients and step-by-step instructions, please refer to the recipe card below!
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper
- Combine dry ingredients: old fashioned oats, oat flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- Combine wet ingredients: melted coconut oil, granola butter, maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
- Fold in toppings: chocolate chips and unreal candies last. Scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack or plate. Enjoy!