Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad
The best salad to meal prep!
My mom used to make this salad for us all the time when I was a kid, and i’m so excited to now share it with you! The base of the salad is made with cabbage and green onion and the dressing is simple and incredibly flavorful. Be sure to tag me over on Instagram or Tiktok if you make it!
One of the main advantages of this Chinese chicken salad is that you can make it at the start of the week for quick and healthy lunch or dinner. Just store the dressing on the side and throw it on when you’re ready to enjoy.
The ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a quick overview of what ingredients you’ll need to make this healthy Chinese chicken salad. Please always refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this page for the full recipe and instructions.
- the base consists of green cabbage, green onion, and shredded chicken.
- the dressing consist of evoo, soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, and freshly grated ginger
- toppings: toasted almonds, toasted sesame seeds and uncooked crunchy ramen.
How to make Healthy Chinese Chicken Salad
This salad is really SO easy to make, let’s go over it quickly here:
- Finely chop green cabbage and green onion and add to a large mixing bowl
- Add in shredded chicken next and mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Toast almonds and sesame seeds until golden brown and add to the mixture.
- Crush an uncooked ramen bag until noodles are in bite size pieces, then add this to the salad mixture.
- Peel mandarin oranges and throw them on top of the salad.
- Make dressing by combing all ingredients together, pour over a single serving of the salad and enjoy!