Healthy Banana Blueberry Muffins Vegan Gluten-free
This Blueberry Banana Muffin recipe is one of my favorites. It’s has juicy blueberries both studded on top and mixed into the batter which helps to make the texture be incredibly moist and fluffy. These banana blueberry muffins are golden on top, moist and fluffy on the inside.
Best of all, they’re bursting with sweet blueberry flavor. These are my favorite homemade blueberry muffins, and it’s about time you met them as well! I posted these over on my tiktok and the internet went crazy over them and for good reason too!
If you give these muffins a go, don’t forget to tag me over on Instagram! I love seeing your re-creations, also, please consider leaving a comment + rating below (under the recipe card). This will help this recipe be discovered on google! I can’t wait to see what you whip up!
Ingredients needed to banana blueberry muffins
The ingredient list is short and sweet to make these extremely moist and healthy blueberry muffins. As I mentioned previously, these muffins are both vegan and gluten-free so they are suitable for almost every lifestyle!
- over-ripe banana– for this recipe I used about 3/4 cup of mashed banana which was about 2 medium-large bananas.
- vegan yogurt– I used Kite Hill vegan almond based yogurt. I used the plain, unsweetened kind. But feel free to use any yogurt/vegan yogurt that you’d like.
- nut butter- I used a macadamia nut butter, but you can use any nut or seed butter that you’d like. If you have a nut allergy, feel free to use granola butter or sunflower seed butter.
- maple syrup- I used organic maple syrup which is a unrefined sugar. you may also use honey, agave or coconut sugar.
- vanilla- can’t have a baked good without vanilla extract!
- almond flour- I always buy a big bag of almond flour from amazon. The almond flour from Blue Diamond is the best price that i’ve ever seen!
- baking powder- to help these muffins rise and become fluffy
- salt- to balance out the flavors
- cinnamon- cinnamon is great to add a bit of flavor to these muffins!
- blueberries– I used fresh, but you can also use frozen. If using frozen, your batter may turn purple or blue!
How to make healthy banana blueberry muffins
To start, preheat the oven to 350F and prepare a muffin tin by lining it with your favorite liners, you may also coat the tin with non-stick spray instead.
Next, in a large mixing bowl, add in the over-ripe banana and using a fork or potato masher, mash the banana until you have little to no clumps left.
Then, add in the vegan yogurt, nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix with a whisk until ingredients are well combined.
Add in the almond flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon last and mix with a spatula until ingredients are just combined. Fold in fresh or frozen blueberries last.
Next, add batter to the prepared muffin tins. You want to fill these about 3/4 of the way, these will rise only slightly during baking time.
Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let muffins rest on the counter before removing from the liners. Best stored in the fridge in an airtight container and eaten within 4-5 days. May also freeze and enjoy up to 1 month!