Lemon Turmeric Lentil Soup
Looking for a filling soup recipe?
Lentil soup is such a great hearty option that will keep you full and satisfied. Lentils contain a great source of protein, fiber, iron and potassium making them a wonderful superfood to add into your diet. I used red lentils for this recipe which help support a healthy heart.
This soup recipe is also jam packed with healthy and nourishing ingredients like kale, turmeric and fresh tangy lemon juice. This lentil soup recipe is great and filling on it’s own, but for a more compete meal, try pairing it with toast or a side salad.
Ingredients in Lemon Turmeric Lentil Soup
What I love most about soup recipes, is that they are totally customizable to your liking. You can’t really go wrong with adding your favorite ingredients into a bowl. For this recipe, I stuck with simple ingredients that are nourishing for the body and the gut.
- turmeric– Great anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which works best when combined with black pepper to help for optimal absorption.
- ginger- Is loaded with antioxidants and compounds that prevent stress and damage within your body.
- garlic- We are a garlic family and use double if not triple than the “recommended” amount. Garlic is full of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, and it tastes amazing.
- dried herbs– Oregano, dill, ginger, salt and pepper
- red lentils– I used red lentils for this recipe which are a great source of protein and fiber. However, you can use any color lentil in replace if you prefer.
- bone broth and vegetable broth– I used a combination of bone broth and vegetable broth for some added nutrients. If you want to make this recipe vegan, you can use only vegetable broth.
Benefits of using bone broth
Drinking bone broth can have many benefits to your overall health. It can improve your gut health, skin, hair and nails. But it can also support your immune system and joints as well.
Drinking bone broth after a night out drinking (alcohol) is also a great way to cure that hangover! I typically have a cup when i’ve had too much to drink and my gut bounces right back.
I have been using Kettle and Fire bone broth and have noticed a big difference in my skin and gut health. For this recipe I used the chicken bone broth, feel free to use my code LOVELYDELITES at checkout for a deep discount!