**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Date Caramel is made with just one ingredient, dates!
- A great way to use up any dates that you have that may go bad soon.
- Date caramel is a healthier alternative to regular caramel that’s made with refined sugars.
- An unrefined sugar that is all natural but still so delicious.
- This healthy caramel tastes amazing in recipes or on top of desserts!
- If you love this, check out my Twix Bars or Snickers for fun ways to use it.
Ingredients And Substitutions
This is the main ingredient and substitution for Date Caramel. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
I highly recommend using medjool dates for this recipe since they tend to be softer and have a more caramel like flavor naturally, however, any date will work!
How To Make
ONE: Remove the pit from each date and place them in a medium bowl.Pour boiling water over the dates and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove dates from water but reserve some of it on the side.
THREE: Add dates to a food processor and blend for about 3-5 minutes. Slowly add in that reserved date water, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is well blended, light and fluffy.
Tips And Tricks
Use medjool dates for best results, these tend to be softer and have a more natural caramel like flavor in my opinion, however, any date will work.
A food processor works the best for this recipe
How To Serve And Store
Taste And Texture
This Date Caramel has a great flavor that is very similar to traditional caramel. It’s sweet, but does still taste like dates!
The texture is light, fluffy and smooth!
Frequently Asked Questions
I prefer medjool dates.
A highspeed blender might work too. Unfortunately, I think the texture is too thick for a Bullet.
A few weeks in the fridge!