**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Hemp milk comes together in 30 seconds.
- It’s made with 3 main ingredients.
- Hemp hearts are incredibly healthy for you, they contain healthy fats and omega-3’s.
- Hemp milk is a good source of vitamins A, D, and B12 and minerals like phosphorus and zinc.
- It contains essential amino acids, reduces cholesterol levels, improves heart, bone, and skin health, and may combat vitamin B12 deficiency.
- A great dairy free alternative to oat milk, coconut milk or almond milk.
- This milk tastes great in cereal, coffee or 1:1 replacement in recipes.
- If you loved this one, be sure to check out my almond milk here.
Ingredients And Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Hemp Milk. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
The main ingredient that you need is hemp hearts, also referred to as hemp seeds.
Filtered water blended with the hemp hearts creates a white frothy milk.
If you want your hemp milk to be a bit sweeter then add in pitted medjool dates, maple syrup, honey or agave.
A pinch of salt helps to balance out all the flavors.
Vanilla extract for added flavor.
How to Make
ONE: Combine all ingredients together in a blender.
TWO: Blend for 30-60 seconds, strain if desired and enjoy!
Tips And Tricks
Use a high speed blender to ensure all the ingredients are fully incorporated. I like to use my blendtec for this one.
If your dates are firm, soak them in boiling water for a few minutes and feel free to use the date water for added flavor.
This hemp milk doesn’t need to be strained, but if you don’t like the grainy texture you can pour the milk over a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
Feel free to create your own flavors by adding in cacao, strawberries, or vanilla bean paste for a stronger vanilla flavor.
How To Serve And Store
Serve this hemp milk cold and enjoy in cereal, in your morning cup of coffee, or as a 1:1 replacement in recipes that call for other plant milk or dairy milk.
Taste And Texture
This hemp milk tastes like your average plant based milk, the most similar to almond milk in my opinion. As written, this recipe is not incredibly sweet but you can adjust the sweetness level by adding in more dates and vanilla.
The texture is smooth and creamy like milk, with just a very small touch of granulated pieces from the hemp hearts. I personally don’t mind this because it also contains lots of nutrients, but if you prefer a smoother milk, then just run the liquid through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! It’s delicious, very similar taste to almond milk.
Because hemp seeds contains a ton of nutrients.
Yup! Feel free to swap it out for dairy milk or any other nut milk alternatives.
Other Recipes You May Like
- Coffee Protein Shake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake In a Jar
- Coconut Caramel Sauce
- Cheesecake in a Jar
- Nut Free Brownies