Spicy Garlic Green Beans
**this post may contain affiliate links, which means I will make a small commission for products purchased through my link.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Spicy Garlic Green Beans are the perfect additional to any meal.
- They are quick and easy to make and come together in just under 10 minutes.
- Are filled with sweet and spicy flavor with a kick of garlic.
- Only 5 simple ingredients and secretly healthy.
- This recipe is vegan, plant-based, dairy free, gluten free, and grain free.
- As written this recipe called for coconut aminos which adds a lovely subtly sweet flavor.
- Great for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any holiday gathering.
- Bring them to a potluck!
- Will turn any green bean hater into a green bean lover!
- Great for busy weeknight dinners.
- These green beans save well, making them great for leftovers the next day.
- Check out my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts for another great recipe!
Ingredients And Substitutions
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for Spicy Garlic Green Beans. Scroll down to the recipe card for a full list of ingredients and instructions.
Use trimmed and pre-cleaned green beans to make life a little easier!
I personally love using coconut aminos as it adds a subtly sweet flavor, however soy sauce will work great as well!
Freshly minced garlic is going to add a ton of flavor. You may also use garlic from the jar if needed.
Chili flakes add a nice subtle kick without being too overpowering.
Sliced almonds make for a great addition as they provide a yummy crunch and different texture.
How To Make
ONE: Heat 1 Tbsp of oil or butter to a large skillet and add in the trimmed and cleaned green beans. Allow to sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
TWO: Next, add in the minced garlic and coconut aminos, mix well and let simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the green beans become soft and tender.
THREE: Sprinkle in the chili flakes and sliced almonds, and mix once more. Green beans should be soft, tender, and charred. Remove from heat and add to serving plate. Top with more sliced almonds and enjoy!
Tips And Tricks
Use pre trimmed and pre cleaned green beans to make life easier. If you can’t find any, then you will need to trim + wash the green beans before cooking them.
Serve with sliced almonds for a yummy texture and a bit of crunch.
How To Serve And Store
Serve these Spice Garlic Green Beans warm as an appetizer, or with an entree for a complete meal. Serve with sliced almonds on top, or feel free to add on a touch of parmesan cheese.
Store cooked and cooled green beans in an airtight container and place in the fridge. Enjoy within 3 days. Add them to a skillet, air fryer or microwave to reheat.
Taste And Texture
These green beans are the perfect balance between sweet and savory. They have a sweet flavor from the coconut aminos, but then a nice spicy kick without being too overpowering from the chili flakes.
The texture is soft, tender but crispy and crunchy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! A touch of honey or hot honey would taste amazing, or a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
You can, but since they only take about 10 minutes I would recommend making them closer to when you are ready to enjoy and fresh always tastes the best!
Other Recipes You May Like
- Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Asparagus
- Carrot Fries
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Maple Butter Brussels Sprouts
If you make these Spicy Garlic Green Beans, I would really appreciate a comment and rating down below, under the recipe card. Don’t forget to take a picture and tag me over on Instagram, Tiktok or Pinterest!